Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Busker Days: 'Eyes of the Tiger, Tears of the Harlequin" Khevan Lennon-Onaje

Here's someone I've heard many times over the last few years at street level in the early morning hours.  His name is Khevan Lennon-Onaje and he's on the tenor sax. Usually I hear his soulful playing as I approach 2nd and Market, which is where I recently made these recordings on my way to work.   The first is an original composition entitled Eyes of the Tiger, Tears of the Harlequin - just an introductory passage it would seem - and the second a Parker tune, Bloomdido.

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. The Sax is such a great instrument. It fits in so many arrangements and shines when solo. Of course his performance helps the sax quite a bit. I like the "alright!" at the end.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete