Monday, November 10, 2014

New York Spotlight: The Third Bardo - I'm Five Years Ahead Of My Time


Back to New York city for our Battle of the Bands - New York edition.

The Third Bardo hailed from the big city. The band was Jeff Monn on guitar and vocals, Ricky Goldklang on guitar, Bruce Ginsberg on drums, Damian Kelly on bass and Richy Seslowe on guitar. The group only recorded one single. But what a single it was. The single was released in May of 1967 on Roulette Records and featured two songs written by R. Evans-V.Pike. I don't know who they are but their two compositions are killers. Particularly the prescient A-Side of I'm Five Years Ahead Of My Time.

The band grabbed their name (allegedly) from a Tibetan Book Of The Dead. The Third Bardo apparently references the experience of reality.

Until next time, we'll see you On The Flip-Side!

6 comments: