Precious little known about this very rare record. Here is what we know.
- It is a record. The 45rpm 7" kind.
- It is on Worm Records.
- The band is called The Caretakers.
- The Flip-Side of this record -- which we are featuring today -- is called Hidden Steps.
- Jim Mora (probably not the football coach) wrote the number.
- Martin Ashley was the engineer.
After that it is all conjecture on my part. I have heard they were from a Sacramento, California suburb called Lincoln. But I have also heard that they hailed from San Bernadino, California. One source places this as being released in 1967. I know nothing else about this record other than it rocks seriously hard.
I picked this up in a Salvation Army in Yuba City, California sometime around 1988, not too far from Sacramento, so that would lend some credence to the Lincoln, California rumor. I also find it interesting (at best) that the song is actually 30 seconds shorter than what is published on the label.
If you know ANYTHING about this record, please leave a comment below. Let's put this band back on the map.