Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Busker Days: Richard Brandenburg: "This Love We've Been Living Through"



A couple weeks ago I surfaced to some new sounds around North Berkeley BART. That's the beauty of busker music - it is not tacked down to any particular place or time and you never know what you're gonna hear. And sometimes the tempo, melodies and words conspire to make a stressed out world-weary working stiff pause and think about things and look around a bit. This conspiratorial trio - tempo, melody, words - as found in old-time country music always seems to do the trick, hand delivering a heaping of heartache on the sweetest plate of music around.

Local singer songwriter Richard Brandenburg follows in this tradition with his composition This Love We've Been Living Through. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent write-up and I love the song. It just looped about ten times and I enjoyed it more each time around. Richard, your voice is superb - perfect for the song in my opinion. Thank you Richard, and Jack for sharing your talents with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice one, Jack. The song certainly stands on it's own, but I can't help wondering what it would sound like with a Dobro and a Mando. While I'm at it, I'll arrange it with stand up bass thumpin' away and a washboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard BrandenburgMay 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM

    Thanks for the nice comments! This and other songs are available on my album, Flickering Dreams, available through CD Baby.
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardbrandenburg

    ReplyDelete