Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Busker Days: Jeremy DuBois, "Before, During and After"


Jeremy DuBois came out west from Connecticut recently, following his muse, making his go at music.  "Where better to do that than San Francisco?", he added.  I happened upon him on one pleasant September day sitting down crooning at what has to be one of the all-time prime SF busking locales.  I'm talking about Powell Street BART, of course, just below the cable-car turn around. It's a sure bet for free lunchtime music (toss 'em a dollar or two though!).  Jeremy has a penchant for Lennon-crafted Beatles tunes and he did a nice version of In My Life, requested by a certain listener.  He also has some original work.  Here he is playing a beat-up 1952 Airline acoustic guitar singing his original composition, Before, During and After. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. His guitar work is great, creative and catchy. I especially like the opening to this song, the way he hits every string on the way up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The opening definitely has a While My Guitar Gently Weeps mood to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not know this, but Jeremy was badly injured in an accidental fall in April 2011. Here is a link to a fundraiser for him and his family that's happening this Sunday in Willimantic, CT (where he's from). Here's a link to the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183139848408442 I know it's a long shot, but if anyone's reading this and in CT, it'd be great if you could come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope he recovers and I hope your event goes well.

    ReplyDelete